Direct mail has become easier and more affordable than ever before. With traditional direct mail, businesses were required to either have or purchase an address list, purchase postage (approx. 28¢/piece), purchase a permit, and have your marketing piece printed.
Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) simplifies the entire direct mail process. EDDM gives businesses a lot of control to where their mailings will be distributed. You can choose your mailing areas by zip code or by specific mail routes. USPS provides an online tool that display’s specific mailing routes and data for the number of residential and business addresses that your mailing will go out to. Not to mention postage starts at just 14.5¢/piece.
EDDM offers a great opportunity to businesses since it enables customers that would have never tried direct mail to take a test without significant risk.
From the USPS website:
Now you can tell the whole neighborhood what your business has to offer.
With Every Door Direct Mail® service from the U.S. Postal Service®, you can reach the market that matters most to your business: nearby neighborhoods. Postage is as low as 14.5¢ per piece – and you don’t even need to know names or street addresses. You simply identify the neighborhoods you want to target, and your printed piece is delivered with the day’s mail to every address.
Choose the option that is best for you.
- Every Door Direct Mail – Retail™ – Most local businesses choose this service. It’s our simplest, most cost-effective option. Every Door Direct Mail – Retail lets you send up to 5,000 mailpieces per day and doesn’t require you to purchase a postage permit. What’s more, you can take your mailings right to the front counter of the Post Office™ that serves the neighborhoods you want to reach. You can pay for postage with cash, check, or debit card.
- Every Door Direct Mail – This option is designed for businesses that want to send larger mailings. You submit your mailing at a Business Mail Entry Unit (BMEU).
What Every Door Direct Mail brings to your marketing efforts.
- Reaches consumers in their homes. With Every Door Direct Mail, you can saturate an entire neighborhood with your message, and your mailing gets directly into the homes and hands of consumers.
- As much or little space as you need. Every Door Direct Mail offers a flexible range of sizes – making it ideal for anything from a quick sales announcement to an in-depth product story.
- Helps your messages work harder. With Every Door Direct Mail, you can include coupons, menus, event calendars, store maps, and more – all of which can help bring customers to your door.
How to get started – use a local printer or do it yourself.
Many local printers offer Every Door Direct Mail. They can help you produce, print, and submit your mailing to the Postal Service™.[hr top]